My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Monday, June 12, 2006

Luck made no one lucky

I am back and it’s been a hectic and very busy weekend. As a matter of fact it was all office. I had to travel to two small towns where we had collaborated with a local artist (Bhagwant Mann) and i had to manage the events as part of my marketing assignment.

It was a 50 hrs day for me as I could hardly catch a wink. Because of some screw up on the travel agents side and an acute paucity of time, I had to hitchhike, experience the Haryana roadways at its worst and was part of a group which managed to stay up (20 of us) in a three wheel locomotive(auto).

Reached home at 0300 in the morning on Sunday and am back to office on Monday. I like the way my job is keeping me all preoccupied. Last night after the show, I with a friend of mine went for a walk as I was too tired and wanted some fresh air. As we got talking we stumbled upon the cul-de-sac, that is "do you believe in luck".

Let me ask you, why are you reading this post? You could have had done so many other things like read a book, listened to music, cooked food or just slept etc. But subconsciously you eliminated all other options and stuck with reading this post. Now lets go a little back and let me take my own example, as I want to be specific. Why did I go for an engineering degree when I cud have done so many other things? Because I eliminated all other options and stuck with engg. Why did I learn guitar and not drums...because I subconsciously eliminated all other options and stuck with guitar? Let me go a little more back...when I was a toddler...even at that point of my life there were enormous permutations and combinations of the choices that each second threw in front of me...But at that point of time my parents made these eliminations and choices for me. For e.g. when to take me out of the cradle and put on the couch...mother cud have let me there or cud have done something else...

Lets go back a little more. Now before I was born, did my parents had a choice of having me as their baby? NO Did I had a choice to be born to them? NO This is what I was getting at.....

WHEN YOUR BEGINNING IS A FLUKE THEN YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS FLUKE.

Every point of second every individual has an enormous set of options he can explore...He can run, he can sleep, he can join a dating group, he can do drugs, he can kill himself, he can stand here not there.....but why every second of our life we choose one thing over and above a zillion options and each options cud have changed your course of LIFE? I have one more point, So many times we see a beggar or someone in need and we generously give alms to that person. And so many times we just walk away? Do we have a benchmark of how much misery is alms worthy? What I am saying is, we were destined to be a medium of helping a set of people in our lives and we do that. As for the other needy people they too will be helped in the similar way by someone else becoming their medium. You would ask, coz I did, are we all small parts of a big plan? Are we all being manipulated into doing a particular set of deeds? Frankly speaking, I don't know? All I know is this that luck is GOD and GOD is luck. Because when something good happens to you and you don’t expect it, either you say, I was lucky or GOD is great. Hence God and Luck are same things. They are the mysterious force, the unseen hand, the master craftsman. But this in no way means that if everything is manipulated than why bother. Because you are destined to do as per your Karma. I for one believe in one thing very strongly....the most important thing in life is GOOD DEEDS,GOOD KARMA. As long as you do GOOD DEEDS, i think that the cosmic balance would be balanced and everything would be hunkey dorey.

We will discuss cosmic balance some other day. Right now I need to get back to work coz it’s a Monday and my desk is already messed up with post-its and a lot of mail. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home