My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Monday, October 02, 2006

morose overture

Shadows lurking in the darkness of somber emotions
That cup of tea frowns at me with a dash of scorn
My room is like a stage after everyone has left
A seagull in the air, all-alone , no nest
Is this morning, is this night Or is this something in between
This lapse of memory is cradling me to sleep
Is it the weather or is something wrong with me
I feel so low and I feel so gay
Oh I know, it’s just my lonely day.

Stripped vulnerability’s capote I wear
My darkest fears seem so near
Ice cold breath, blurs my mirror of conscience
I ran so hard and I am running out of patience
Fresh smell of bougainvilleas drowns me and I go spinning in my head
These tears of happiness, oh I must shed
I feel so low and I feel so gay
I hate this lonely day

Knock on my door, knocks me out of my stupor
I have got guests, I know, so I open the door
They barge in my room and sprawl on my bed and
climb up my window and sit on my chair.
Mr. melancholy, Mr. confusion, Mr. daze and Mr. suffocation
I just don't want you here
Coz it’s my lonely day.
Then I saw her, pirouetting in the air
Her hourglass figure and her voice so near
She winked at me and then she disappeared
Leaving a stain of smile on my face
Down below I saw a rose flirting with a jasmine
A cuckoo eying a grain A canine playing in the sand
A child, oh so much love on display
These thoughts I fear, these thoughts I love
These thoughts I run from, these thoughts I yearn for
I feel so low and I feel so gay
I wish each day would be a lonely day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home