My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Anger Management

Now what is it about anger? Why do we get it? Why do I for one get it so often? I believe anger comes from shattered expectations. “Expectations” is the key word here. If I have no expectations from myself or from any specific person, I can never get angry. If one is able to master this simple fact you can have that infectious smile always. Now I in no ways am hinting at the people who fake it, when deep down inside they might be like a raging bull with shining red amber horns and nostrils guzzling smoke like a steam engine. I am referring to the serene smile, which makes you envious of the tranquil state of mind the other person has attained. I used to get very furious and I still do sometimes on trivial issues till the time I realized the damage it was doing to me. As a matter of fact I was getting troubled on multiple fronts. Firstly someone/something pisses me off, secondly I get angry and that anger puts me in a dormant state and thirdly in that dormant state I do stupid things which in turn jeopardize me again in different ways. It has been proven beyond doubt that when you are angry, your actions/words and behavior are what you would not have done consciously. Its like your mind is like a car and when you get angry you are carjacked. The carjacker first comes in your car without your permission. It then forces the steering of your conscious mind out of your hands and then it steers your car into a rock not before fleeing safely outside. Hence the only person you are harming by getting angry is you. Or lets put it this way, always drive your car (that is yourself) with your doors (places from where Mr. Anger can barge in) locked. Nowadays if something pushes me off balance, I calm myself down my stretching my palms and exhaling a deep breath. As per my experience if in the first 30 seconds, from the time you can sense that you are angry, you can subdue it somehow and then you can steer clear of any roadblocks, which might crash you. And believe you me, this works. Lets call it "30 sec rule" * Stretch your palms * Exhale a deep breath * Smile a warm smile. Smile is your victory. Most of the times people will entice you into playing their useless games by serving you a volley and expecting a return. If you return then you are indicating that you are game for their stupid charade and thus you belittle yourself further. By smiling we are simply saying" no thanx". So lets get the anger out of our precious heavenly bodies and lets smile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home