My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Take care

Well I am sick....I have got a very very bad throat infection. Anyways I am gonna be ok. Last friday night as I was walking down home a strange incident happened. I had taken a longer route and this one in particular was not that lit up. As I approached a sharp bend in the road I saw someone sitting by a lamp post which was not working(thnx. Shiela Dixit). I wud have walked off but something occured to me. It was in the guys posture or something else. As i approached him, I saw a guy in his mid 40s squatting on the pavement with his face smeared in a thick stroke of RED. On close examination I found out that blood was oozing out of a deep cut located above his left eyebrow. I figured out that the guy must have been sitting like this for more than 15 minutes as his shirt which seemed to be white in color was fully covered in his own blood . Upon enquiring he explained that he was riding his bike at a high speed when a cyclist came from nowhere in front of him and he lost control. As I was calling up ambulance, he stopped me in the middle and said that he had already called up his brother. So all I could do was sit with him and comfort him. He was feeling dizzy and said his head was going in circles. It must have been due to the excessive bleeding. I shouted and sent two urchins to get some water. I squatted beside him and told him to lay his head in my lap. After protesting a little bit I forced him into doing so as otherwise he might have had fainted and crashed in the mud. I took out my handkerchief and pressed it against the cut. As he lay breathing heavily I smelled of alcohol. If only the guy would have been sober, If only he would have had worn a head cover this wouldn't have had happened. And to top it all during the 15 minutes that this guy sat on the pavement not even one pedestrian stopped by to help. GOD give us sanity. I beg of you. Now after around 10 minutes an indica stopped beside us and four guys stepped outside and the guy in my lap was pushed on the rear seat and he sprawled inside. The two guys from the car mounted on the bike and all of them sped off. No one asked me anything. Nor that it matters. It just occurred to me that they could have at least said something to me. As they sped off I saw something which totally fucked me in my head. The supposed to be saviors were all in the middle of a drinking binge and there were half filled glasses of alcohol lined on the console. May god help them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home