My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Friday, July 14, 2006

Out of the bottle

Last evening I finally vowed to take a sabbatical from crazy mary for four months, that is 122 days. I figured out that I was again getting sucked into a whirlwind twister exactly like so many others in which I seem to have lived a major chunk of my life. Scratching my head to come up with a reason always ends up with me justifying the whole thing by some imbecile line of reasoning. Just after office I met up with my two buddies who have been there in my life since the past 10 years and have seen me changing. So when I toasted to my “abstinence” there were no “WOW” “That’s Great” but instead a look (or was it) that said “All Right”. Its good to be with people where you are not evaluated at every action you take. You can just be stupid you. Weather in Delhi is very humid now a days but the evenings tend be a lot more pleasant. The place where I live is around 3-4 kms from the metro station and I have started walking back home after office. It is one thing I really like. Its good to walk all alone in a careless stride, kicking idle pebbles on a lazy street. You see people who are taking a stroll after dinner, young couples, old retirees etcetera. The best part is the amalgamation of music. One moment you are exposed to the soulful RD Burman and then a risqué item song and then the south Indian music at the local street shop and then some boy band blaring inside a car and all of this within a couple of minutes. Talk about kaleidoscopic music on the diaspora of a secular state. Sometimes this is all you need to cleanse your mind from the daily dose of toxins that the corporate world pollutes you with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home