My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Its raining

Its been raining in Delhi. Last evening as I stood outside in the evening, I could actually feel the small pristine droplets on my face and then a gentle gush of wind would pat my face. It felt like a lost voyager on a broken boat in the middle of a sea, but still content and so at peace. It was a strange feeling and my mind; desultory as usual could not make much out of it. I stood in the drizzle for a long time. The azure sky was overcast and I did was lost in that gripping moment. A couple of my office colleagues walked past me and gave me a wry look as if they could not make out why would someone as introvert as me would be smiling perennially. I just let the people pass. Sometimes I think people are not too comfortable with me. And even those who try do not succeed in getting more than the monologue syllables from me. Rain does bring back longiness and yearning with it. He could feel the last time he was with her, which was the time when he was leaving for the last time. There they stood outside a crowded station. He wanted to let go off all they had been thru and just be in her arms but still the hand of fate would stop him with all its might and he felt helpless. She wanted to come inside the station to see him off but he said no. She persisted and he resisted. As he started walking towards the station he could feel her slip away. It was as if he was tearing himself off from her embrace. I guess it did hurt both of them. Rains should not rain where hearts are still mending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home