My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ive been strumming

With every passing moment I am changing. Every second from the moment I was born I am changing. Neither have the changes of the past been planned and nor the changes of the future can be planned. Last evening I was thinking that why two people may have such varied opinions about the same thing. I think this can be attributed to the fact that what we think is the result of our opinion which in turn comes from perception which in turn comes from observation and the ability to analyze that observation thereby forming an opinion depends on the way our past experiences with life in general have evolved us to be. Just a passing thought.


By the way I just finished rehearsing the song “ I am mine” by Pearl Jam. The lyrics as usual have a deep meaning.

The selfish, they're all standing in line
Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time
Me, I figure as each breath goes by
I only own my mind
The North is to South what the clock is to time
There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in between is mine I am mine

Pearl Jam is America’s favorite rock and roll band and was formed in the 90’s. Not many people know this that when the lead vocalist of Mother Love Bone, Andrew Wood died of heroine overdose in 1990, guitarist Stone Gossard and bassist Jeff Ament formed a new band. They brought Mike McCready on lead guitar and recorded a demo with Soundgarden's Matt Cameron on drums. The demo found its way to a 25-year-old San Diego surfer named Eddie Vedder, who overdubbed vocals and original lyrics and was subsequently invited to join the band (then christened Mookie Blaylock after the NBA player). This is how the lead vocalist Eddie Vedder and the others came together and set out to create history. God bless them. The song “I am mine” is one of my all time favs and I was procrastinating the whole thing for quite a while. Finally dusted off my Hobner which in turn has been gifted to me by the most beautiful girl in the world. The song came out really well and I played it like seven times and then just dozed off with my hobner by my side. Its strange but I like the smell of the finger tips after you have played for like an hour or so and you can actually smell the strings and their melody. Weird ain’t it. The nest song which is all ready with music sheets and all is “ I hope that I don’t fall in love with you” by Hootie and the Blowfish. Please listen to this song and feel it. The song was originally done by Tom Waits who was also the inspiration during the early days of Hootie and the Blowfish. Awesome song awesome lyrics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home