My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Angst unplugged

People who talk loud piss me off. And I am surrounded with a bunch of them. They talk as if they are in a bloody war zone. Holy God! if only I had a remote control with a mute button so that I could adjust the audio and visual effects of the world around me. Just imagine if you could mute someone, If you could increase the brightness and contrast of the mundane life, If you could fast forward a stupid situation, If you could pause that beautiful moment and just imagine if you could just switch the whole damn thing off, all at your own royal discretion. If you could just take a breather from all this so that you could get your act together and come back on the stage afresh and all set to take more shit. The only thing dear to me is my peace and I mean both literally and semantically. It really soothes me to sit in a quiet place with no flutter to clutter your mind. I am not into meditation and all but I do practice some weird things like, often during traveling to office the bus that I take passes through ghettos and that scene makes me sad. I want that no one should be deprived of the basic amenities of life and the economic system of the government on the whole is the one to be blamed. TO detach myself from the pain that I feel looking at these peoples misery I just close my eyes and think of a serene place like the mountains in Doon where I used to take those solituous walks or the pool side lazing around in the blue waters beneath the blue moon. This helps me transport myself from the current shackles of pain to a tranquil place full of hope and happiness. My colleagues ask me why I don’t talk, why I don’t mingle!, why I don’t socialize? Why my eyes look so drugged out? Well its because ahem, I am sick and I can prove it! I don’t agree with the way most of the people around me are. I can’t understand how can people go on living with the sole purpose of earning more money, buying the best house, getting the sexiest four wheel drive and going in bed with a bimbo. I mean these are the only things that people around me want. This is all they talk. And I think to myself, that’s it, is that it, is that all you want, is this all that you get up for in the morning? I mean there is a whole bunch of this species out there. Let me explain the evolution of this species. Two bodies exchange body fluids and we get a cell which mutates under war like conditions over a period of nine months and finally comes on stage. ACT ONE. Now this species quickly starts observing the environment and starts developing traits. During the initial years the species studies everything which the elder species have deemed as worth studying. Hence the species follows the exact steps that were followed by the previous species so that there is a set pattern. The underlying motive here is to avoid any deviation. After learning the rules of the games the species starts participating in the game. Now what is the game? Simple, just follow the rules. You can’t ask stupid questions and you have to be just like everyone else. SO the species now is exactly the way it has been programmed to be and this completes the cycle. So basically, earning money, and then earning more money and then marrying and then children and then more children and then bigger house and then tax savings and then bigger car and then lavish marriages and then the curtain falls. In between this species also learns the art of “slime, cheating, balls-licking, bribing” and other such cutting edge tools that may help them in playing the game WELL. Now there's one more strange thing about this species, all these cutting edge fine nuances are not taught in the initial stages but are imparted by means of live examples and the younger species are requested to pick it in a very subtle manner. So now the game becomes interesting as we have these fine nuances. So people start using the fine nuances to eliminate the other species and thus achieving more points that is MONEY. Now as I was saying that I am SICK, its because I am mentally retarded, oh I am sorry I can’t use that word as it is politically incorrect (rule of the game laid by senior species), hence as I am mentally challenged, I was unable to learn the game and have become a MISFIT. That’s why I don’t talk, that’s why I don’t mingle because your game fucks me in my head. I am a misfit by choice. And I love being this way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G8 thought n justification....Hope u actually believe watever u have written.......Its very true n ppl need to understand n accept the change.
I completely agree with u!!!!!

Asfia

Wednesday, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am a misfit and i love it. screw the society! well writtten. ENCORE!

Monday, June 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home