My Photo
Name:
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India

get quiet, a little more, more quiet...now we can talk

Friday, December 15, 2006

i am too beautiful to die so young

Tamarind streets beckon me
My coat my jeans
And my six string
Mr. Sun winks and says
Hey boy
The serpents are inching forward
I guess, they are making a pact
I turn around
I don’t want to run
I say, I am too beautiful to die so young
The claws of green
The shackles of black
The daggers of white
Pound on me with all their might
I can’t run, I can not hide
I just stay their and say
Hey dude, I am too beautiful to die so young
Dad says I am crazy
Mom just sighs sympathetically
I watch them all
My eyes don’t blink
Hold my cold hands
Give me a quilt
I am so numb
I feel that it is time
But I feel
I am too beautiful to die so soon
Crashed against the boulder
I woke up and felt as if I was asleep for ages
With my squinting eyes, I see them
They are gazing and
I don’t seem to recognize
Angel hands behind the silhouette
Grab me up and the shine blinds me
I see my girl
Standing there
It’s good to be alive
I told you, I am too beautiful to die.

2 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

This is so amazing poem...loved the idea of it..Im inspired

Sunday, December 17, 2006  
Blogger 1310 said...

thanks. i am glad you liked it.

Sunday, December 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home